Chef - Alan Geaam
One Star Michelin Chef at Alan Geaam,
Combining France’s rich culinary heritage with a Touch of Lebanon
“Cold is important to maintain the temperature of ingredients and give the best products to our customers. The cold declines in several temperatures. Fish require a temperature between 0 and -2, meat between 0 and +4. And when you want to have fun and make pastries, we need a cooling cell with ingredients at -40 degrees, for example, for nitrogen with which I make minute sorbets.”
The chef's cool recipe
BABA GANOUSH IN TWO TEXTURES
For 2 people
Eggplant 2 pieces
Lemon juice 40ml
Olive oil 20ml
Greek yogurt 30ml
Sesame cream 60g
Eggplant 0,5 piece
Olive oil 20ml
Pomegranate molasses 30ml
Coriander 10 leaves
Grenada 15 grains
Step 1: Eggplant caviar
1. Prick the eggplants with the tip of a knife.
2.Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Brown them in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Pass the eggplants under the flame of a blowtorch to finish cooking and grill the skin.
5. Remove the skin from the eggplants and crush the flesh of the vegetable with a fork.
6. Mix eggplant flesh with lemon juice, sesame cream, yogurt and olive oil.
Step 2: Eggplant salad (to be made during the 20 minutes of cooking in step 1)
1. Dice a quarter of eggplant per person.
2. Fry the diced eggplant in a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Mix the fried eggplant pieces with the pomegranate molasses, coriander leaves and pomegranate grains.
Step 3: Dressage
1. Arrange each serving of eggplant caviar in a bowl.
2. Add over the eggplant salad.